Third Tenderloin drug killing in three weeks 

A man who was gunned down in the Tenderloin district early Wednesday fought with his three assailants over drugs before they shot him in the neck, police reported.

The killing is the third drug-related slaying in the Tenderloin in as many weeks, said San Francisco police Sgt. Steve Mannina. However, police do not have evidence that the three killings are related to one another.

On Wednesday, the victim, whose identity has not been released pending notification of his family, got involved in a confrontation with three Latino males in front of 138 Hyde St., Mannina said. He tried to run from the men, but they caught up with him and shot him in the neck, according to a preliminary police report.

The killing was The City’s 31st of the year, Mannina said. At this time last year, there had been 23 homicides in The City. On the same date in 2005, there were 24.

On April 13, 16-year-old Kelvin Necia was shot in the arm and abdomen at Hyde Street and Golden Gate Avenue. He died later. On April 14, 32-year-old Walter Simon, a Richmond resident in a wheelchair, allegedly shot five people, killing 54-year-old Lena Allen, of San Francisco, in a shootout with an unknown rival in the 300 block of Ellis Street.

Tags: ,

About The Author

Staff Report

Staff Report

A daily newspaper covering San Francisco, San Mateo County and serving Alameda, Marin and Santa Clara counties.
Pin It

More by Staff Report

Tuesday, Mar 20, 2018


Most Popular Stories

© 2018 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation