San Bruno man convicted on felony domestic violence charges 

A San Bruno man was convicted on Friday of felony counts of domestic violence, criminal threats and witness intimidation, along with one misdemeanor count of child endangerment, San Mateo County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said.

Anthony James Davis, 42, was found guilty by a jury for an incident that took place about 6 p.m. Sept. 11 when he and his girlfriend were arguing about money and it turned physical, Wagstaffe said.

Davis punched the 38-year-old woman in the head and face in front of her 11-year-old daughter, who screamed at him to stop, Wagstaffe said.

The victim gave her daughter her cellphone and told her to call police, at which point Davis grabbed a knife and threatened to kill the girl if police came, Wagstaffe said.

The daughter then screamed that she was too young to die and fled to her bedroom, where she locked the door.

Police arrived and took Davis into custody. He was reportedly abusing the victim for days before the attack, Wagstaffe said.

The victim and defendant had been dating for about four years.

Davis is a parolee with nine prior felony convictions and two prior strikes, Wagstaffe said. He remains in custody on $250,000 bail and his hearing was continued until Monday to set a hearing date on his prior convictions and for the imposition of a sentence.

Pin It
Favorite

Latest in Crime & Courts

Monday, May 21, 2018

Videos

Most Popular Stories

© 2018 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation