Pizzeria shooting suspect pleads not guilty 

A 22-year-old Menlo Park man has pleaded not guilty to four counts of attempted murder in connection with shooting last month that injured three people in front of a Redwood City pizzeria and bar, according to the San Mateo County District Attorney's Office.

Luis Manuel Lombera is scheduled to return to court Sept. 22 to set bail and a preliminary hearing date, Deputy District Attorney James Wade said Monday.

Prosecutors allege Lombera shot three people in front of Primo Pizza, at 1808 El Camino Real, on Aug. 24 after he was turned away from the restaurant.

A security guard told Lombera, an alleged gang member, and his brother they could not enter the pizzeria because they were intoxicated, according to prosecutors.

Lombera allegedly returned about a half hour later and fired shots toward the security guard, who was standing with three other customers and a coworker, prosecutors said.

The three customers, two South San Francisco women, ages 33 and 38, and a 31-year-old San Bruno man, suffered gunshot wounds and were taken to local hospitals to be treated. The security guard was not injured.

Lombera was arrested Wednesday and booked into San Mateo County jail for attempted murder, police said.

He was arraigned Friday in Redwood City and is scheduled to return to court Sept. 22.

Bay City News

About The Author

Staff Report

Staff Report

Bio:
A daily newspaper covering San Francisco, San Mateo County and serving Alameda, Marin and Santa Clara counties.
Pin It
Favorite

More by Staff Report

Latest in Crime & Courts

© 2018 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation