Man guilty of brutal Pink Saturday assault sentenced to six years 

click to enlarge Christopher Porter-Bailey
  • SAN FRANCISCO POLICE DEPARTMENT
  • Christopher Porter-Bailey, 23, was taken into custody with the help of Oakland police on Friday in connection with a cowardly attack on a woman during Pride Weekend that was captured on video by a surveillance camera.

Christopher Porter-Bailey, the man convicted in the brutal assault and robbery of a woman on Pink Saturday last year, was sentenced to six years in prison today.

Porter-Bailey, 23, of Oakland, was with a group of people who robbed the 28-year-old woman of her purse and cellphone June 30, 2013, before knocking her to the ground. Video surveillance footage later showed the victim being kicked in the face by Porter-Bailey.

The victim sustained serious injuries and was hospitalized for quite some time after the assault.

Porter-Bailey was convicted in February of robbery and assault and battery with serious bodily injury. He faced up to eight years in prison, but over prosecutors' objections, he was sentenced today to six years, Assistant District Attorney Alex Bastian said.

"I hope that Christopher Porter-Bailey spends his six years in prison thinking about what he did," Bastian said. "He took part in robbing and assaulting a defenseless victim, and to add insult to injury, he viciously kicked her while she was trying to regain her composure."

Pin It
Favorite

Latest in Crime & Courts

© 2018 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation