Man gets 28-year sentence for South City home invasion, sexual assault 

A 21-year-old man was sentenced Thursday to 28 years in state prison for a home invasion robbery in South San Francisco last year in which a couple was tied up for several hours and the wife sexually assaulted, San Mateo County prosecutors said.

Isaias May Navarrete was one of two men arrested in connection with the robbery and assault, which happened on Feb. 24, 2010, at a home in the 300 block of Forest View Drive.

The woman was tied up in a back bedroom and sexually assaulted while her husband was bound and beaten in a different part of the home, police said.

The suspects stole money and jewelry and fled in the couple’s Ford pickup truck. One suspect, 34-year-old Juan Carlos Vasquez, was arrested later that night and Navarrete was arrested the next day, police said.



In San Mateo County Superior Court in Redwood City, Navarrete pleaded no contest last month to charges in the case and was sentenced Thursday to the 28-year prison term, according to the district attorney’s office.

Vasquez, who had previously done landscaping and other work for the victims, also pleaded no contest to charges in the case in April and received a sentence of 10 years and four months in state prison.

About The Author

Bay City News

Pin It
Favorite

More by Bay City News

Latest in Crime & Courts

© 2018 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation