Man arrested in Potrero Hill homicide pleads not guilty 

The man arrested in connection with the fatal shooting of Paris Raynaldo in his Potrero Hill residence last month pleaded not guilty to the charges Friday and is scheduled to return to court Sept. 22 for a status update, Assistant District Attorney Alex Bastian said.

Deandre Watson, 26, was already in custody in County Jail on another charge when the investigation identified him as the suspect in Raynaldo's death.

Raynaldo, 28, was found by police in his residence in the 900 block of Connecticut Street about 10:42 a.m. Aug. 7, and pronounced dead at the scene.

He had been shot multiple times.

Watson faces homicide charges in connection with the shooting and is currently in custody on $5 million bail.


The South Carolina man accused of trespassing and vandalizing the Indonesian Consulate in San Francisco this month will be in court Wednesday for a preliminary hearing, Bastian said.

Tobias Spencer, 26, of Myrtle Beach, S.C., faces charges of felony vandalism and misdemeanor trespassing in connection with a Sept. 2 incident in which surveillance cameras reportedly captured him hopping a fence at the consulate in the 1000 block of Columbus Avenue about 2 a.m. and breaking a window.

A spokesman for the consulate said at the time that he thought Spencer may have been under the influence of drugs and may have been looking for a warm place to spend the night.

Spencer pleaded not guilty to the charges at his arraignment Sept. 4.

He was granted supervised pretrial release Friday, according to the Sheriff's Office. He was formerly held on $18,000 bail.

Spencer's preliminary hearing is scheduled for Wednesday.

Pin It

Latest in Crime & Courts

Sunday, Mar 18, 2018


Most Popular Stories

© 2018 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation