Hearing set for man accused in pizza parlor shooting 

The alleged gangbanger accused of a high-profile revenge killing in a city pizza parlor last year was set for a preliminary hearing Monday.

Andres Siordia, of San Francisco, was 19 when he allegedly gunned down two men after chasing them into Papa Potrero’s Pizza on Sept. 20, 2009, prosecutors said. Authorities said the killing was payback for the fatal shooting of a 21-year-old rival gang member two days before.

Francisco Pena, 46, and Francisco Cornejo, 26, both of San Francisco, died, prosecutors said. A third man was wounded by the barrage of gunfire, they said.

Siordia, who has pleaded not guilty to the charges, is alleged to be a member of the Mission-district based Norteño gang, prosecutors said.

He was arrested minutes after the killing, police said. Two juveniles were also booked. Video footage from the pizzeria shows the gunfire followed a brawl between several people wielding barstools, prosecutors said.

The dispute began two days before with a limousine ride that turned chaotic. Siordia and friends were in the limo when they got into an argument with a second group of men at 24th and Shotwell streets. Bullets were unleashed into the limo, and one of the men Siordia was with — Michael Sanchez, 21, — was struck and killed, they said.

The hearing was scheduled for 9 a.m. Monday.

maldax@sfexaminer.com

Tags: ,

About The Author

Staff Report

Staff Report

Bio:
A daily newspaper covering San Francisco, San Mateo County and serving Alameda, Marin and Santa Clara counties.
Pin It
Favorite

More by Staff Report

© 2018 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation