Glen Park cottage fire displaces two people and a dog 

A fire apparently caused by a gas stove displaced two people and a dog from a cottage in San Francisco’s Glen Park neighborhood early Monday morning, the San Francisco Fire Department reported.

The blaze was reported to the fire department at 12:21 a.m. and responders were on the scene at 1317 Bosworth St. two minutes later, the Fire Department said.

Because the impacted structure was a cottage behind a residence at that address, it took firefighters several minutes to find the fire before they could begin dousing it with water.

A gas stove had somehow caught fire on the cottage’s first floor and the flames got into the building’s wall, climbing to the second floor.



The two trucks, two engines, and battalion chief that responded to the one-alarm fire contained it by about 12:30 a.m.

No one was injured in the fire.

The Red Cross was contacted to assist two people and a German Shepherd that were displaced, SFFD said.

An initial damage estimate has not yet been determined.

About The Author

Bay City News

Pin It
Favorite

More by Bay City News

Latest in Neighborhoods

© 2018 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation