Driver of cable car-style tour vehicle that struck, killed City Hall employee cited for vehicular manslaughter 

The driver of a cable car-style tour vehicle that struck and killed a City Hall employee last week has been cited and released on a misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter charge, Officer Gordon Shyy said Thursday in a statement.

Raymond Lucas, 65, of Menlo Park was reportedly driving the tour vehicle that struck and killed City Controller’s Office employee Priscila “Precy” Moreto, 68, on Oct. 23.

After a police investigation, Lucas was cited and released Tuesday, Shyy said.

Moreto was struck at a known high-injury crosswalk near Polk and McAllister streets about 11:30 a.m. She was conscious and talking just after the collision, but died later at a hospital.

The crosswalk where she was struck is due for improvements under The City’s Vision Zero plan.

Mayor Ed Lee lamented last week that the improvements had yet to be made.

“This is going to be something we talk about for a long, long time,” he said.

The general manager for the tour bus company that Lucas works for said last week that they will be conducting their own parallel investigation into the incident and that they extend their “heartfelt” condolences to Moreto’s family for the “tragic accident.”

“We are committed to working with the authorities in their investigation, and we are conducting a parallel investigation within our company to understand what happened,” Classic Cable Car Charters general manager Chris Connors said.

Bay City News contributed to this report.

Pin It
Favorite

Latest in Crime & Courts

© 2018 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation