Donors deserting Gingrich 

I missed this report from Jon Ward this morning otherwise I would have included it in the Morning Examiner. It’s the first tangible sign that Newt Gingrich’s presidential campaign is already over:

Another Republican operative said he had spoken with an old friend of Gingrich’s in the South who had been planning a fundraiser for the campaign. There were 18 co-chairs for the event until Gingrich’s appearance on “Meet the Press” Sunday, where he labeled Rep. Paul Ryan’s (R-Wisc.) proposed budget “radical” and “right-wing social engineering.”

“He said like 13 of them dropped off within 24 hours of ‘Meet the Press,’” the GOP source told The Huffington Post.

The full impact on Gingrich’s fundraising will not be clear until mid-July, when second-quarter reports are due to be filed with the Federal Election Commission. A disappointing haul could be a knockout blow.

If he even lasts that long.

About The Author

Conn Carroll

Pin It
Favorite

Speaking of Beltway Confidential, Newt Gingrich

More by Conn Carroll

Latest in Nation

© 2018 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation