Daly City man faces 15 years for robbery, kidnapping charges 

A Daly City man faces 15 years in prison after pleading no contest to numerous felony charges related to an incident last year in which he and a juvenile accomplice forced a man and a woman at simulated gunpoint to drive them to an ATM, where they drained the female victim's bank account of its last $40, San Mateo County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said.

Ofisa Nuu Pele, 20, pleaded no contest on Friday to felony robbery, felony attempted robbery, felony threats, felony kidnapping and felony grand theft, Wagstaffe said. He also admitted to use of a deadly weapon enhancement. The plea came on condition of no more than 15 years in prison, Wagstaffe said.

Pele and his juvenile accomplice approached the two victims on May 28 wearing black masks and simulating a gun before demanding the victims' cash, Wagstaffe said. After the victims said they had no cash, the suspects settled for taking the woman's cellphone.

The duo then made the victims drive them to an ATM and forced the woman to withdraw $40, the only amount she had available, Wagstaffe said. They then forced the victims to drive them back where the originally encountered them.

On the way, Pele apologized for the robbery and said his mother had just died.

Pele and the juvenile were arrested in June after police tied them to the beating and robbery of another victim where they stole a man's backpack, Wagstaffe said. At the time, Pele admitted the crimes and told police the simulated gun was actually a stick of deodorant.

Pele is scheduled to return to court on Feb. 18 for imposition of the 15-year sentence, Wagstaffe said. He remains in custody on no-bail status.

Pin It
Favorite

Latest in Crime & Courts

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Videos

Most Popular Stories

© 2018 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation