Daly City man accused of abusing 3-year-old stepson skips arraignment hearing 

A 29-year-old Daly City resident accused of inflicting great bodily harm on his 3-year-old stepson did not show up for arraignment last week, San Mateo County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said Monday. His bail was forfeited and there has been a bench warrant issued for his arrest.

Paul Anthony Castrillo, 29, is accused of beating his stepson on at least two occasions Sept. 20 and 21 over going to the bathroom in his diaper.

The boy’s aunt reportedly heard Castrillo yelling at the boy and noticed the boy had a large bump on his head, Wagstaffe said. The aunt said she heard the same sort of yelling the next day and noticed the boy had another bump on his head and a mark on his face.

The boy reportedly told his aunt that Castrillo hit him. The aunt further claims that she heard Castrillo telling the boy’s mother not to call police because she reportedly knew what he was doing and that if he was arrested she would be too, Wagstaffe said.

On Sept. 21, the aunt called police to report the abuse. Officers arrived and witnessed that the boy had bumps and bruises on his face and head, Wagstaffe said. The boy reportedly told police that Castrillo hit him.

A further examination of the boy at a hospital revealed further serious injuries, Wagstaffe said.

Castrillo had previously been held on $125,000 bail and posted it Nov. 18, Wagstaffe said. He was scheduled to appear for arraignment last week but did not show up.

A bench warrant was issued for his arrest and his bail was raised to $200,000.

Pin It
Favorite

Latest in Crime & Courts

© 2018 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation