16-year-old boy released in Antioch kidnapping; Amber Alert canceled 

An Amber Alert issued for an allegedly kidnapped 16-year-old boy was canceled early Tuesday morning, Antioch police said.

The alert was canceled by 12:30 a.m. when police learned through an ongoing investigation that the allegedly abducted teen, Hassan Ameer Ford, had been released by his alleged captor, a 25-year-old man, and was no longer under duress.

Hassan has been in personal contact with family and friends since the incident Monday afternoon, although police have not spoken directly to him, police said.

Police say Hassan was taken around 3:40 p.m. after the suspect robbed Al's Barber Shop at 11 W. 18th St. at gunpoint. The suspect took the shop owner's wallet, keys and car. Hassan was working at the barber shop during the robbery and was forced into the car as the suspect was escaping.

The car, a black GMC Yukon SUV, has since been found in Antioch and is being processed for evidence, police said.

The suspect and weapon are still at-large, police said.

The suspect was last seen wearing a blue shirt, baggy pants and knitted cap. He described as a black male who is 5 feet 7 inches and 180 pounds.

Anyone who encounters the suspect is instructed to call Antioch police at (925) 778-2441.

About The Author

Bay City News

Pin It
Favorite

More by Bay City News

Latest in Nation

© 2018 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation