Fox.com’s Pop Tarts column asks a great question: How can Britney Spears be placed under a conservatorship but not Amanda Bynes?
Bynes’ family has expressed frustration with not being able to help her even though she keeps behaving “erratically,” to put it lightly. In order to be conserved, the person has to have shown that they are a danger to themselves or society. Although Bynes famously tweeted that she wants Drake to “murder” one of her body parts, that doesn’t count.
“You could say she’s acting like a typical New Yorker,” says Larry Bodine of Lawyers.com. “Making goofy videos, wearing odd hairstyles, talking to herself, staying up all night, tweeting and spending money like water. It’s a free country.”
He makes a good point, especially since that description also covers someone like Miley Cyrus.
- Lindsay Lohan has to check into rehab as part of her sentencing, but her designated spot does not allow smoking and she is freaking out.
- Maria Shriver has landed a job on the “Today” show reporting on women’s issues.
- Kevin Spacey was jogging through a park in Boston when he suddenly yelled “photo bomb” and jumped into a picture someone was taking of their friend.
- Jon Stewart will be taking an eight-week hiatus from “The Daily Show” starting in June, and John Oliver will be his replacement.
- Lil Wayne wrote a letter of apology to the family of Emmett Till for his insensitive lyrics in “Karate Chop.”
- Actor Robert Buckley (“One Tree Hill”) is 32.
- Actress Ellie Kemper (“The Office”) is 33.
- Soccer pro David Beckham is 38.
- Actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (“G.I. Joe: Retaliation”) is 41.
- Designer Donatella Versace is 58.
- Actress Christine Baranski (“The Good Wife”) is 61.
- Singer Lou Gramm of Foreigner is 63.
- Singer Lesley Gore is 67.
- Actor David Suchet (“Poirot”) is 67.
- Singer Engelbert Humperdinck is 77.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity gossip? Email email@example.com.