Teen pleads not guilty in high school bomb threat case 

The 19-year-old student accused of framing a Burlingame High School classmate last month by emailing a bomb threat from his computer to school administrators pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor charge Wednesday, prosecutors said.

Christine Assolino, who is out of custody after posting $50,000 bail, allegedly caused a two-hour lockdown and evacuation of the school after sending the threat Feb. 10, San Mateo County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said.

The email said the male student had a gun and a bomb and warned administrators to lock down the school, Wagstaffe said.

Assolino told investigators she didn’t mean it and “was just stressed out that day,” Wagstaffe said.

She’s scheduled to appear in court again June 9.

maldax@sfexaminer.com

Pin It
Favorite

Speaking of Law And Disorder

Latest in Crime & Courts

Saturday, Dec 10, 2016

Videos

Most Popular Stories

© 2016 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation