Taylor Swift gets a lot of flack for her dating habits, but it’s hard to overlook the fact that she doesn’t use sex to sell herself, she writes most of her own music and she’s extremely intelligent.
In next month’s Vanity Fair magazine, she says, “For a female to write about her feelings, and then be portrayed as some clingy, insane, desperate girlfriend in need of making you marry her and have kids with her, I think that’s taking something that potentially should be celebrated … and turning it and twisting it into something that is frankly a little sexist.”
Don’t worry, though, according to the website Too Fab there will still be some dirt on her split with Harry Styles in the piece, like that he hounded her to date him and then proceeded to constantly check out other chicks. “Once upon a time, a few mistakes ago …”
- Freddie Mercury’s burial plaque has gone missing from a London cemetery.
- Lamb of God singer Randy Blythe has been acquitted for manslaughter in a Czech court for shoving a fan off stage.
- Lenny Kravitz has been yanked from the lead role in the upcoming Marvin Gaye biopic.
- Alison Pill of “The Newsroom” and Jay Baruchel of “Knocked Up” have called off their engagement.
- Carly Rae Jepsen and Train have both cancelled their headlining performances at the National Scout Jamboree until the Boy Scouts lift its ban on gays.
- Former basketball player Shaquille O’Neal is 41.
- Actress Moira Kelly (“The Lion King”) is 45.
- Actress Connie Britton (“American Horror Story”) is 46.
- Actor D.L. Hughley (“DWTS”) is 50.
- Actor Tom Arnold (“Madea’s Witness Protection”) is 54.
- Director Rob Reiner (“The Princess Bride”) is 66.
- TV reporter John Stossel is 66.
- Musician David Gilmour of Pink Floyd is 67.
- Soprano Kiri Te Kanawa is 69.
- Singer Mary Wilson of The Supremes is 69.