SF man accused of stealing car allegedly drives to court in another stolen car 

A San Francisco man accused of stealing a car in February is alleged to have driven to his April hearing in a stolen car, San Mateo County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said.

Timothy Frederick Knight, 53, pleaded not guilty to the charges on Wednesday.

Knight, who has seven prior felony convictions, reportedly was arrested Feb. 15 for being in possession of a stolen car, Wagstaffe said. His preliminary hearing in that case was set for April 3.

On April 2, Knight is alleged to have stolen a Honda Accord in Daly City that he drove to court the next day. Police found the vehicle parked on the street and put a tracker on it.

After his hearing was continued, Knight reportedly got back into the stolen car when police swooped in and arrested him, Wagstaffe said. Police found that the ignition had been punched out with a screwdriver.

Knight remains in custody on $165,000 bail and will return to court May 2 to set a preliminary hearing for the first stolen car incident and again on June 16 for jury trial in the second case.

The case is a possible second strike for Knight, Wagstaffe said.

About The Author

Rob Nagle

Pin It

Latest in Crime & Courts

Wednesday, Nov 25, 2015


Most Popular Stories

© 2015 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation