Seth MacFarlane really can’t face any more bad publicity after his disastrous Oscar hosting, so he has to be relieved that the “Turban Cowboy” episode of “The Family Guy” has been pulled.
According to Entertainment Weekly, a YouTube hoax cobbled together parts of the episode to make it look like the show had predicted the Boston Marathon bombings.
"The edited Family Guy clip currently circulating is abhorrent,” he tweeted. “The event was a crime and a tragedy, and my thoughts are with the victims."
The edited version shows the main character using a cellphone to detonate a bomb after someone asks him how he won the marathon. But even without the re-editing, shows that deal so heavily in satire are bound to hit the nail on the head sometimes, unfortunately.
- Since Rihanna keeps canceling her concerts due to “illness,” tabloids are speculating that she is actually pregnant.
- Bradley Cooper admitted that he lives with his mother.
- The “Friends” reunion for Thanksgiving 2014 is an Internet hoax.
- President Barack Obama said he had nothing to do with Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s Cuban romp, and that he “has better things to do.”
- LeAnn Rimes is publicly denying rumors that she suffers from anorexia.
- Actress America Ferrera (“Ugly Betty”) is 29.
- Socialite Kourtney Kardashian is 34.
- Actress Melissa Joan Hart (“Melissa & Joey”) is 37.
- Actor David Tennant (“Dr. Who”) is 42.
- TV host Conan O’Brien is 50.
- Actress Jane Leeves (“Hot in Cleveland”) is 52.
- Actor Eric Roberts (“The Expendables”) is 57.
- Actor Rick Moranis (“SCTV”) is 60.
- Actor James Woods (“Shark”) is 66.
- Actress Hayley Mills (“The Parent Trap”) is 67.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity gossip? Email email@example.com.