School burglarized after Facebook computer donation 

click to enlarge schoolheist.jpg

A month after Facebook donated computers to a San Bruno elementary school that had been burglarized, three Fairfield men were arrested in connection with another break-in at the school Tuesday night.

At 8:41 p.m., officers reportedly responded to a burglary alarm at El Crystal Elementary School at 201 Balboa Way and  discovered a window had been shattered and also a door forced open to one of the classrooms.

Contents of the room had been tampered with, San Bruno police Lt. Tim Mahon said, but nothing was taken.

Principal Skip Johnson said the thieves struck the same classroom where nearly 20 Apple computers had been stolen in March. After hearing about the heist, Johnson said, Facebook donated refurbished MacBookPro 15 computers to the school. The San Bruno Patch reported about the donation.

Those computers have been moved to more secure location. During Tuesday's heist, Johnson said, the burglars used a tool, possibly a crowbar, to pry into carts that had once held electronic devices.

"Nothing was in there," Johnson said. "All they got was arrested."

Police searched the area and spotted one of the suspects in a car. The man's explanation for why he was there made officers suspicious, Mahon said. Another two suspects were detained nearby. They possessed physical evidence linking them to the break-in, Mahon said.

The suspects, all Fairfield residents, have been identified as 20-year-old Antoine Warren Jr., and 19-year-olds Jonte Poole and Richard Livingston. They were booked on suspicion of burglary.

Investigators are looking at the men as suspects in the March theft, Mahon said.



Pin It

Latest in Crime & Courts

Tuesday, Oct 13, 2015


Most Popular Stories

© 2015 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation