San Francisco man pleads not guilty to child harassment charges 

A San Francisco man accused of trying to woo two teenage girls in Millbrae last year plead not guilty Friday on charges related to inappropriately initiating contact with and harassing children, the San Mateo County District Attorney's Office said.

Marlon Monton Jr., 28, is accused of approaching two 14-year-old girls on their way to Taylor Middle School in Millbrae just after 8 a.m. Dec. 16, prosecutors said. Monton reportedly drove up to them in a black SUV and handed them a note saying he wanted to "hook me up," and included his phone number before driving off.

The girls alerted their principal, who called police. Using the number on the note, a San Mateo County Sheriff's Office detective posing as a 13-year-old girl began texting Monton and a meeting was arranged. Monton allegedly agreed to bring beer and marijuana to the meeting.

During the exchange, Monton allegedly told the detective that he was a high school junior, according to the Sheriff's Office.

The meeting happened in a Kohl's parking lot after school was out, prosecutors said, and the defendant reportedly showed up with beer and a bottle of "Hot & Sexy Lotion."

He was then arrested by sheriff's deputies.

The case is set for jury trial May 27.

Pin It
Favorite

Latest in Crime & Courts

Friday, Jul 29, 2016

Videos

Most Popular Stories

© 2016 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation