Doctors at San Francisco General Hospital said Wednesday that they’ve had a chance to do evaluations of comatose Giants fan Bryan Stow, and his condition remains critical.
They still can’t say when or if Stow will wake up, although he hasn’t had major seizures since being moved from Los Angeles this week. In fact, his doctor said he's been taken off one of five anti-seizure medications he's been on since the attack. Stow, a 42-year-old medic and father of two from Santa Cruz, was moved closer to home here in San Francisco after spending nearly two months in a coma at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, where his family was by his side.
Stow had been hospitalized there since the attack after the first game of the baseball season March 31 at Dodger Stadium, where two men attacked him from behind and eventually fractured his skull in a dark parking lot.
The Giants are playing at Dodger Stadium tonight for the first time since the attack, and security there has since been heightened. Los Angeles police told media on Tuesday that they’re focusing in on a female suspect who might have aided the two attackers in leaving the scene. She is described as Hispanic in her 20s — 5 feet, 2 inches or 5 feet, 3 inches — with brown or dyed hair in a ponytail and wearing a No. 16 Andre Ethier jersey.
The Dodgers upped the reward to $200,000 for information leading to their capture. Hundreds of billboards with suspects’ descriptions have gone up around the stadium and the Los Angeles area courtesy of Lamar Advertising Co. Police are seeking the primary suspects, described as two Hispanic men in their 20s, and say they have 17 detectives working on the case and more than “500 clues.”