Police clear up reports of Interstate 280 shooting 

click to enlarge emergencyroom_general_0_0.jpg

The stabbing of a 47-year-old man in the Bayview district Sunday morning somehow led to false reports that he had actually been shot while driving on the freeway, police said.

A passer-by discovered the victim slumped over the steering wheel of his car near the intersection of San Bruno and Paul avenues. After the passer-by drove him to the hospital, staff there contacted police and told them the victim had been shot while driving on Interstate 280 near the Sixth Street exit, police said.

But a shooting on the freeway never occurred.

Police are still unsure as to why medical staff would report that a stabbing victim had been shot and how the story originated. The victim’s condition is not considered life-threatening and no arrests have been reported.

About The Author

Carolyn Copeland

Pin It
Favorite

More by Carolyn Copeland

Latest in Crime & Courts

Tuesday, Aug 30, 2016

Videos

Most Popular Stories

© 2016 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation