Another eventful weekend in The City will be marked by several large sporting and cultural festivities — and unfortunately, plenty of chaos on the roads.
The three-day Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival starts tonight in Golden Gate Park and will impact some Muni lines and mean road closures for much of the northwest area of the park. The festival is expecting a daily influx of 60,000 people, 75 percent of whom will come from outside The City.
The Giants also open a homestand against the Colorado Rockies with pitcher Matt Cain being honored Friday night for his perfect game earlier this season.
And the 49ers will also get in on the action with the team’s first preseason game tonight against the Minnesota Vikings.
Transit officials are urging fans to take public transit to this and all future games at Candlestick Park.
Golden Gate Park road closures include:
- 25th Avenue
- 30th Avenue
- 36th Avenue
- 41st Avenue
- 43rd Avenue
- 47th Avenue
- John F. Kennedy Drive at Transverse Drive
- La Playa Street
- Martin Luther King Drive at Crossover Drive
- Martin Luther King Drive at Lincoln Avenue
- Sunset Boulevard at Irving Street
- The Great Highway at John F. Kennedy Drive
- Transverse Drive at Crossover Drive
Affected routes on Muni include:
- 28-19th Avenue
Special Muni service for the football game includes:
- 75X-Candlestick Express from Balboa Park BART
- 77X-Candlestick Express from California Street and Van Ness Avenue
- 78X-Candlestick Express from California Street and Funston Avenue
- 79X-Candlestick Express from Sutter and Sansome streets
- 86-Candlestick Shuttle from Bacon Street and San Bruno Avenue
- 87 Candlestick Shuttle from Third and Gilman streets T-Third Street line station