Occupy SF assault suspect’s mental health questioned 

Throwing bricks and glass bottles at people might mean you are crazy.

The attorney for 34-year-old Jesse Nesbitt — the Occupy San Francisco activist accused of heaving those potentially deadly items during protests last year and this year — requested in court Monday that his client receive a mental health evaluation.

Nesbitt faces felony charges for allegedly hurling a brick and other objects during the May Day takeover of a Turk Street building. He chucked the objects from the rooftop, police said, missing cops but injuring at least one protester and damaging a police patrol car.

In November, when Occupy SF had established an encampment at Justin Herman Plaza, police said Nesbitt threw a glass bottle at a Department of Public Works employee, but it just missed the worker.

In a recent interview with the San Francisco Bay Guardian, Nesbitt claimed he served in the military in South Korea during peacetime, but still saw combat with North Korea. “It hardened my heart,” he said. “And it gave me a sense of duty to uphold our Constitution.”

Pin It
Favorite

Speaking of Local, Crime

Latest in Crime & Courts

Thursday, Jul 28, 2016

Videos

Most Popular Stories

© 2016 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation