Mountain View police and school officials sent a letter today to parents and students warning them of a new psychedelic street drug named "DOC" that apparently caused a student to overdose on Tuesday.
A high school student from Mountain View was found unresponsive Tuesday on Stevens Creek Trail and was taken to a hospital for treatment, according to the letter sent by Mountain View police Chief Scott Vermeer and Mountain View Los Altos High School District Superintendent Barry Groves.
Authorities did not immediately provide an update on the student's condition.
According to the letter, investigators believe the drug used by the student was "DOC," which is similar to LSD and combines hallucinogenic and amphetamine chemicals.
"It has very long lasting effects and is extremely dangerous," the officials wrote in the letter.
The chief and superintendent said an educational forum will be held in the near future to provide more information about possible threats to students.
People who suspect they have ingested "DOC" are urged to immediately call 911.