Mission fire sparked by lamp that ignited window drape 

A fire that displaced five people from a home in San Francisco’s Mission district on Monday night was sparked by a lamp that was sitting too close to a window drape, a fire department spokeswoman said Tuesday.

The one-alarm fire was reported at about 10:25 p.m. at 1454 Alabama St., between Cesar Chavez and 26th streets, fire Lt. Mindy Talmadge said.

The flames were extinguished by 10:40 p.m., Talmadge said.

Four adults and a child were displaced by the blaze, which caused about $27,000 in damage — $18,000 to the structure and $9,000 to its contents, according to Talmadge.

Talmadge said it appears that a tall floor lamp was too close to the window covering and lit it on fire.

About The Author

Bay City News

Pin It
Favorite

More by Bay City News

Latest in Neighborhoods

Sunday, Sep 25, 2016

Videos

Readers also liked…

Most Popular Stories

© 2016 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation