As the local heroes in Metallica shred ever so gracefully into middle age and continued sobriety, it seems they want to keep on trying new things … like acting.
Lars Ulrich talked about the 3-D “Through the Never” to Spin magazine.
- Actress Morgan York (“Hannah Montana”) is 20.
- Musician Joanna Newsom is 31.
- Actor Jason Segel (“This Is 40”) is 33.
- Singer Jonathan Davis of Korn is 42.
- Rapper DJ Quik is 43.
- Comedian Dave Attell is 48.
- Actress Alison Arngrim (“Little House”) is 51.
- Actor Kevin Costner (“Waterworld”) is 58.
- Actor M.C. Gainey (“Django Unchained”) is 65.
It’s “a Metallica show and a story that unfolds in a parallel universe — and at some point they intertwine,” he said.
Talking to Classic Rock magazine, Ulrich compares the film to “The Song Remains The Same,” because “There are four members of Led Zeppelin, four members in Metallica, it’s a full-length movie and there’s a film that does not take place onstage.”
“Help!” And by that we mean the Beatles movie, of course.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity sightings? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Britney Spears has sparked a Las Vegas bidding war over who can land a contract with her first, but they better come up with more than $100 million a year.
- Dear Abby columnist Pauline Friedman Phillips died Wednesday at 94 after a long battle with Alzheimer’s disease. Her daughter took over the column in 2002.
- Despite the war between Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey, “American Idol” ratings have fallen nearly 20 percent.
- Elton John has finally confirmed rumors that he and his partner David Furnish have welcomed a new son named Elijah, their second child.
- Al Pacino has signed on to play disgraced Penn State coach Joe Paterno in a movie.