Man convicted in Pink Saturday assault, robbery to be sentenced Friday 

The Oakland man convicted in the attack and robbery of a woman on Pink Saturday last year is expected to return to court Friday for sentencing, Assistant District Attorney Alex Bastian said.

Christopher Porter-Bailey, 23, was convicted in February of robbery and assault and battery with serious bodily injury in the June 30 attack in which a woman was robbed at Market and Dolores streets.

The 28-year-old victim was approached by a group of men and women who robbed her of her purse, which contained her cellphone, and pushed her to the ground.

As the victim tried to get up, one of the muggers walked by, turned and kicked her in the head. The brutal assault was caught on video surveillance.

Police at the time said they thought Porter-Bailey was the suspect who kicked the woman.

The victim lost consciousness during the assault and was hospitalized for some time.

Porter-Bailey was arrested in July with the aid of Oakland police.

In February, prosecutors said Porter-Bailey faces up to eight years in state prison on the charges.

Jury selection starts for man accused of permit fraud

Jury selection in the case of a man accused of forging documents related to several properties throughout The City is scheduled to begin Thursday, according to the District Attorney's Office.

Jimmy Jen, 59, of San Francisco was arrested in August 2010 on suspicion of forging the signatures and stamps of two licensed engineers on hundreds of documents related to construction projects beginning in 1990.

Jen was often hired by owners of single-family homes to expedite the permitting process.

He faces 232 felony counts including 143 separate forgery counts and 84 counts of submitting false documents to a government office.

Pin It
Favorite

Latest in Crime & Courts

Sunday, Jul 24, 2016

Videos

Most Popular Stories

© 2016 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation