Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey is so excited about his new Vine app for video sharing that he has selflessly used his own face as a model.
To pimp out Vine’s new front-facing capability, the young upstart has been broadcasting his own visage—well, half of it--as he just sort of stands at various San Francisco locations and stares at the camera. He’s always in sunglasses and sometimes has a toothpick hanging out of his mouth, which is the maverick, Silicon Valley metrosexual equivalent of a pinkie ring.
Dude, you are young, handsome and filthy rich. Must you rub our faces in it?
“Twitter’s beautiful founder is officially scaring us,” says Gawker’s Valley Wag.
- Musician Josh Ritter says he regrets performing at the private Christian Messiah College in Pennsylvania, citing its “exclusionary and bigoted” anti-LGBT policies.
- Aerosmith canceled its Indonesian appearance out of safety concerns after bomb threats to the Myanmar Embassy were thwarted.
- UK tabloids are reporting that Prince Harry is telling everyone that his brother and sister-in-law are going to have a boy.
- An overzealous fan bum-rushed Justin Bieber on stage in Dubai.
- Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull were filming a video in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., when shots rang out near the production. No one involved was hurt.
- Actress Traci Lords (“Cry-Baby”) is 45.
- Comedian Doug Benson (“Super High Me”) is 49.
- Drummer Bill Kreutzmann of the Grateful Dead is 67.
- Director Amy Heckerling (“Fast Times At Ridgemont High”) is 59.
- Actor Alexander Ludwig (“The Hunger Games”) is 21.
- Actor Breckin Meyer (“Franklin & Bash”) is 39.
- Comedian Kamal Ahmed of The Jerky Boys is 47.
- Actor Maxwell Perry Cotton (“Brothers and Sisters”) is 13.
- Actor Ned Bellamy (“The Paperboy”) is 56.
- Actor Val Bisoglio (“Saturday Night Fever”) is 87.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity gossip? Email email@example.com.