Four Marriott guests sickened by carbon monoxide 

Four guests at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis were sickened by high levels of carbon monoxide in their rooms, authorities said Friday morning.

The deadly gas was found at elevated levels in four rooms at the hotel at 55 Fourth St. early Friday morning, according to officials from the hotel and San Francisco Department of Public Health.

The guests complained of flu-like symptoms and were transported to San Francisco General Hospital and St. Francis Memorial Hospital, a fire dispatcher said.

"We are pleased to learn that the four guests are now doing well," the hotel said in a statement.

The hotel has been cleared of the gas, and “everyone is back,” DPH spokeswoman Eileen Shields said.

The cause of the rise in carbon monoxide levels remains under investigation, she said.

"The four guest rooms will remain out of inventory until the situation has been resolved," the hotel said.

Bay City News contributed to this report.

Pin It

Latest in Crime & Courts

Friday, Oct 21, 2016


Readers also liked…

Most Popular Stories

© 2016 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation