Electrical fire burns abandoned house 

A small, abandoned house outside Menlo Park was damaged in an electrical fire Thursday afternoon, according to the Menlo Park Fire Protection District.

The fire on Marsh Road near Fair Oaks Avenue was reported shortly after 3:30 p.m., fire officials said.

The 800-square-foot house caught fire because of an electrical problem that brought arcing wires onto a neighbor’s front lawn, fire officials said.

About 25 percent of the home burned, while the neighbor’s house was undamaged, fire officials said.

About The Author

Bay City News

Pin It
Favorite

More by Bay City News

Latest in Peninsula

Tuesday, Aug 30, 2016

Videos

Most Popular Stories

© 2016 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation