Case against man accused of stabbing homeless man dropped 

The case against the man arrested in the stabbing of a homeless man in the South of Market area last week has been discharged due to insufficient evidence, according to the District Attorney’s Office.

Police initially reported that a 42-year-old man sleeping outside a residence at about 3 a.m. last Tuesday in the 400 block of Natoma Street had his belongings kicked and was stabbed in the arm by a 45-year-old resident in the building.

According to the suspect in the case, who commented on the previous story on, the incident occurred closer to 12:30 a.m., the building was not a residence but a business and the victim in the case was not sleeping but causing a disruption.

Police Officer Albie Esparza confirmed today that the incident did occur about 12:30 a.m. Tuesday and said that according to a witness, it seemed that an argument led up to the stabbing.

The suspect said that he acted in self defense and that there was surveillance video that corroborated his story.

However, the case was discharged due to insufficient evidence, Assistant District Attorney Alex Bastian said. He did confirm that there was video of the incident.

Pin It

Latest in Crime & Courts

Wednesday, Oct 26, 2016


Readers also liked…

Most Popular Stories

© 2016 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation