Caltrain service halted after death on tracks 

click to enlarge TONY AVELAR / THE CHRISTIAN SCIENCE MONITOR VIA GETTY IMAGES
  • Tony Avelar / The Christian Science Monitor via Getty Images

Normal Caltrain service is resuming following a death on the tracks earlier this afternoon, a Caltrain spokeswoman said.

A man was struck and killed by southbound train No. 146 near Bragato Road, just north of the San Carlos border in Belmont, at 12:55 p.m., transit agency spokeswoman Christine Dunn said. She said there is no vehicle or pedestrian crossing at that spot.

About 125 passengers were on board the train when the incident took place, but none were injured, she said.

Trains were initially stopped in both directions, then allowed to pass through slowly by single-tracking on the northbound tracks.

The southbound tracks have since been reopened and service is getting back to normal, Dunn said at 2:45 p.m.

A bus bridge had been set up to accommodate the affected passengers but it has since been canceled.

The circumstances of the death remain under investigation, and the man's name has not yet been released.

About The Author

Bay City News

Pin It
Favorite

More by Bay City News

Latest in Transportation

Sunday, Jul 24, 2016

Videos

Readers also liked…

Most Popular Stories

© 2016 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation