A Pakistani TV station will soon be unveiling its "Burka Avenger" cartoon (wait, poor choice of words).
The show will follow the same mold as most superhero plots: She's a mild-mannered school teacher who fights evil in full disguise, Yahoo TV reports. Hers just happens to be a burqa that covers everything but her hands and eyes.
"It's not a sign of oppression," says the show's creator, Aaron Haroon Rashid. "She is using the burqa to hide her identity like other superheroes... Since she is a woman, we could have dressed her up like Catwoman or Wonder Woman but that probably wouldn't have worked in Pakistan."
On top of that, the Burka Avenger fights villains that want to shut down her girls school. That's right, her archenemy is the Taliban.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity gossip? Email email@example.com.QUICK TAKES
Prince William and Kate Middleton have named their royal son George Alexander Louis.
Jimmy Fallon and his wife welcomed a baby daughter.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West reportedly spent more than $750,000 on gold-plated toilets.
Chuck Palahniuk told an audience at Comic-Con that he is indeed working on a sequel to "Fight Club."
A Jersey Shore town is trying to ban Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jennifer "JWoww" Farley from filming there.
A cleft-lip advocacy group has joined American Indians in decrying "The Lone Ranger" for featuring a villain with one.HAPPY BIRTHDAY
• Actor Mason Cook ("The Lone Ranger") is 13.
• Actor Michael Welch ("Twilight") is 26.
• Actor James Lafferty ("One Tree Hill") is 28.
• Actor D.B. Woodside ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer") is 44.
• Actor Matt LeBlanc ("Episodes") is 46.
• Actress Illeana Douglas ("Ghost World") is 48.
• Musician Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth is 55.
• Model and entrepreneur Iman is 58.
• Percussionist José Areas of Santana is 67.