3 victims, 24 charges to Dozier in rape trial 

click to enlarge Frederick Dozier, Jr. is suspected of brutal sexual assaults that occurred on June 17, Nov. 18, and Dec. 8 of 2011. - COURTESY PHOTO
  • Courtesy Photo
  • Frederick Dozier, Jr. is suspected of brutal sexual assaults that occurred on June 17, Nov. 18, and Dec. 8 of 2011.

The man suspected in three Mission district sexual assaults last year will face a trial on 24 charges in connection with the horrific attacks that had the neighborhood on edge.

After his preliminary hearing ended Monday, 32-year-old Frederick Dozier Jr. was held to answer on all but two of the original charges.

A police inspector testified during the hearing that Dozier admitted to the brutal assaults, which occurred June 17, Nov. 18 and Dec. 8, prosecutors said.

In each incident, prosecutors said, Dozier attacked the women from behind before beating, sexually assaulting and robbing them.

In the first attack, the assailant covered the woman’s mouth and dragged her to a nearby driveway. In the second, the victim was choked, punched and struck with a blunt object. The third victim was choked into unconsciousness.

She awoke to being sexually assaulted, prosecutors said. The attacker then allegedly slammed her face onto the sidewalk and stole her bag before fleeing.

A community tip led to Dozier’s arrest. Police then matched his DNA with evidence found at the crime scenes, police said.

Dozier was employed as a part-time student nutrition services worker at the San Francisco Unified School District.

He also worked for Green Streets, a janitorial services company.

He remains in custody on no-bail status and is scheduled to return to court May 29 to be arraigned.

maldax@sfexaminer.com

Pin It
Favorite

Speaking of Local, Crime

Latest in Crime & Courts

Tuesday, Aug 30, 2016

Videos

Most Popular Stories

© 2016 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation